Here at Sysdig, we’re what you might call container-obsessed. It starts with our unique technology, which listens to the heart of the operating system to surface the deepest data with the least overhead. From there, we’ve created the first-ever Container Intelligence Platform, which proactively uncovers issues before they manifest, and allows for deep digging to solve the most complex problems.
Sysdig Secure, the most powerful run-time security and forensics solution for containers and microservices, is built on top of the Sysdig Container Intelligence Platform, and leverages all the goodness of a platform that is battle tested by hundreds of customers already. We’re looking for a hands-on Director/Senior Director to lead Product Management for Sysdig Secure.
Enterprises are rapidly adopting containerization. This wave is creating a new multi-billion dollar market, complete with new buyers and new challenges to solve. Are you the person to lead this challenge?
Your charter will be to grow Sysdig Secure, and the market, and in doing so, help shape Sysdig the company. As such you will play a mission-critical, strategic role in defining and enhancing Sysdig’s Secure product offering and ensuring its ongoing success in the marketplace. The ideal candidate lives for hard problems, elegant solutions, complex technology and simple, compelling value propositions.
- Be the product leader for Sysdig Secure. Coordinate and drive roadmap prioritization and tradeoffs; working closely with customers, threat researchers and engineers to deliver the right capabilities at the right time to defeat the adversary.
- Set a long-term vision for Sysdig’s security product offering. Think strategically about industry trends, competition, substitutes, and company positioning.
- Recruit, develop and retain a small team of Product Managers. Lead the team; ensure cross-fertilization and standardization across team members.
- Be the voice of the customer throughout the organization. Ensure that the customer input is being considered in all product-related decisions. Help to establish a culture where everyone (not just Product Managers) is customer-centric.
- Work effectively across all functions in the company to ensure successful product launches
- A seasoned executive with a strong track record in the security space.
- Domain experience in host security with a background in malware analysis, incident response, forensics, intrusion prevention, antivirus, or related technologies
- 10+ years of prior product experience in technology organizations
- 2+ years managing and growing a Product Management team
- Terrific product instincts, with uncanny ability to understand customer needs and think strategically. Can simplify and make smart trade-offs to deliver the right product at the right time.
- Proven ability to identify, design, and implement products to solve security challenges in areas such as malware, intrusion prevention and malicious / anomalous behavior detection.
- Container SW Security knowledge and experience a plus. You've worked on or with technologies that make up the new "cloud native" stack. This would include Kubernetes, Docker, Mesosphere.
- Strong communication skills, not just internally, but also externally to prospects, customers
- Excellent ability to build credibility and trust across the entire organization
- Natural leader with high energy and drive for results.
- You have an MBA or an advanced CS degree
- You have hands-on experience working as a developer or with infrastructure software
- You have experience in any of the following: high growth startup, open source software, performance management or security software, container ecosystem
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team and company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re in to that).
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Desk and tech setup of your choice (for wherever you work)
- IRA with company matching up to 3% of salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit
- Free weekly team lunches and delicious snacks every day of the week
- Free monthly house cleaning service