Tenable is looking for a Senior C/C++ Software Engineer to join the Nessus Engine development team. The Nessus engine is the core of the Tenable network security product line, enabling organizations to address the ever-evolving challenge of understanding and mitigating their cybersecurity risk. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute towards designing, developing and maintaining our core Nessus product.
- Design, develop, and maintain new features and core improvements for the Nessus Engine
- Provide engineering support to multiple product teams in the use of the core Nessus engine
- Collaborate with other engineers within an Agile development environment
- Work with Product development to agree on feature requirements and delivery timelines
- Ensure full automation testing for all new features, to support CICD model of software delivery
- Perform peer code reviews, unit and integration testing to assure high software quality
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of experience in creating well-written C/C++ applications for Linux and/or Windows platforms
- Experience in developing core libraries, infrastructure and/or software engines
- Experience in custom scripting language or compiler development strongly preferred
- Cross-platform development a big plus
- Experience in, or a willingness to learn, a DevOps / CICD software delivery methodology
- Experience in working in an Agile team, and an enthusiasm for working collaboratively within and across product teams
- Bachelors or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or a related field
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.