Tenable is seeking a talented and dynamic product marketing professional to help extend the company’s leadership in the rapidly growing Vulnerability Management sector. Today’s enterprise is extending and becoming more agile, creating great opportunities for digital transformation, while also drastically increasing the attack surface organizations must protect. Tenable is the global leader in Vulnerability Management - with Nessus our flagship product and the worlds most trusted vulnerability assessment technology. Tenable.io is our newer Cyber Exposure platform, providing visibility into any asset - from traditional IT to cloud to IoT. In addition, Tenable provides the only integrated Web Application and Container Security vulnerability management platform for a unified view of all your assets. But we’re not stopping here - we continue to enhance these platforms to provide more visibility, more business insight, and streamlined management.
In this role, you will draw on your strong technical aptitude and marketing expertise to bolster Tenable’s presence within the rapidly growing Vulnerability Management sector. You will help launch VM solutions, with added emphasis on modern attack vectors such as cloud. You will analyze customer needs, market trends, and competitor strategies to develop market insight, influence our product roadmap, and create messaging, content and go-to-market guidance. You will also contribute to PR and analyst relations, and guide and participate in demand generation and enablement programs. Collaborating with sales, marketing, sales enablement, product management, and executive management, you will play an active role in shaping Tenable’s products and go-to-market strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for a marketing professional with strong leadership potential to make an impact in one of the financially strongest and fastest growing cybersecurity companies.
- Perform market research and analysis using primary (customer, partner) and secondary (analyst, sales) sources; use this to inform product, pricing, and go-to-market strategies
- Develop buyer personas, solution messaging, and content strategy for technology and business users.
- Create compelling content for sales collateral, blog posts, website, webcasts, trade shows, and related activities
- Develop an understanding of Vulnerability Management sector and technology initiatives relevant to Tenable, and develop meaningful content to support the company’s efforts in these areas
- Lead market solution launches
- Actively participate in analyst relations and public relations initiatives
- Participate in webcasts and other demand generation activities
- Identify key technology partnering / co-marketing opportunities and new routes to market
- Guide and contribute to sales and partner enablement
- Serve as a voice of the sales team to the product development organization
- Must have ability to travel up to 20% of time
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally from a top university. Master’s degree desired. Technical major at undergraduate or graduate level a plus.
- Knowledge of the cybersecurity marketplace and its unique requirements
- 3+ years of high tech product marketing or similar experience; 8+ years of total career experience
- Your written and oral communications skills are superb, and you can explain complex concepts clearly for a variety of audiences
- You are able to successfully build relationships and collaborate with geographically dispersed teams
- You have the ability to blend strategic thinking with creative execution
- You possess excellent organizational skills and strong follow-through
- You thrive in fast-paced, collaborative environments where change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- Your inherent drive and self-starter attitude motivate you to achieve dramatic success
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.