The Technical Support Engineer provides consistent, world-class security, network, and product support for Tenable products. In serving as the primary liaison between the company and customer, the Customer Support Engineer resolves real-world technical challenges by supporting cutting-edge vulnerability assessment and compliance auditing software across complex, multi-faceted customer deployments.
Our support engineers possess excellent knowledge of security assessment, vulnerability management and compliance auditing capabilities along with the drive to rapidly learn the newest technologies. Impeccable communication skills (written and verbal) focused on sustaining market leading customer loyalty is a key requirement for this position. The Technical Support Engineer provides support for Tenable’s entire product suite; including Nessus, SecurityCenter, Log Correlation Engine, and the Passive Vulnerability Scanner. Questions come from a wide variety of sources including customers who need help deploying their first Nessus scanner, to customers who want to perform in-depth log correlation and real-time vulnerability analysis.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the customer and Tenable for technical related issues
- Analyze and clarify customer technical inquiries
- Analyzing vulnerability scan results, system audits, and log events
- Recreating customer software issues in a lab environment
- Ensure customer feedback is properly channeled into Product Management and Research & Development
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of Tenable products and information security best-practices
- Create and publish solution knowledge for re-use by customers and Tenable employees
What you'll need:
- A passion for making customers successful
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of networks, Linux/Unix, Windows administration, patch deployment and system configuration
- Prior experience performing vulnerability scans and log analysis with Tenable products or other industry solutions preferred
- Previous experience in customer support or network security
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems (or equivalent experience)
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.