The Technical Support Intern provides consistent, world-class security, network, and product support for Tenable products. In serving as the primary liaison between the company and customer, the Technical Support Intern resolves real-world technical challenges by supporting cutting-edge vulnerability assessment and compliance auditing software across complex, multi-faceted customer deployments.
Our support intern possess fundamental knowledge of security assessment, vulnerability management and compliance auditing capabilities along with the drive to rapidly learn the newest technologies. Impeccable communication skills (written and verbal) focused on sustaining market leading customer loyalty is a key requirement for this position. The Technical Support Intern provides support for Tenable’s entire product suite; including Nessus, SecurityCenter, Log Correlation Engine, and the Passive Vulnerability Scanner. Questions come from a wide variety of sources including customers who need help deploying their first Nessus scanner, to customers who want to perform in-depth log correlation and real-time vulnerability analysis.
- Serves as the first-tier liaison between the customer and Tenable for technical related issues
- Analyze and clarify customer technical inquiries
- Analyzing vulnerability scan results, system audits, and log events
- Recreating customer software issues in a lab environment
- Ensure customer feedback is properly channeled into Product Management and Research & Development
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of Tenable products and information security best-practices
- Create and publish solution knowledge for re-use by customers and Tenable employees
What You'll Need:
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science information systems, or related field
- A passion for making customers successful
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High comfort level in Linux/Unix, Windows administration, patch deployment and system configuration
- Exposure to vulnerability scanners and log analysis a plus
It is the commitment of Tenable to promote Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through adherence to equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state, and local levels to which Tenable is subject